An Instant

Life changes hard and fast - especially where the goddess is concerned. Husband accepted an offer on Tuesday, gave notice on Wednesday and I was dismissed from the company in a whirlwind of retaliation.

Good changes are in motion.

Even when you expect dismissal, and are prepared physically with bags packed and desk clean of all elements of me, the personal rejection still bites. I was raised with old fashioned parents and one of the absolute worst things to happen to a person is to be fired.

Now this is hogwash, I know, but there is a certain amount of shame that descended and I've  been walking it out, on the trails. In 24 hours I went from hurt, to sadness, to anger to shame - and the little bit of shame that is left is that I wasted so much of my precious life and time working there.

But that too is fading.

This has happened in a time where I am toe-dipping into minimalism, and setting aside things that I do not need and do not use, or wear. I think my job was not serving me well for a very long time, and it is timely to let it go on the cusp of my birthday tomorrow.

A new year for me, and all sorts of potential.

First, our weekend away at the cabin off the grid. Campfires and hikes and maybe a visit to the beach to swim. Like last year, it's sad to have the first swim of the year in late September. But better than no swim at all.

My first decision as a newly unemployed person is that I am not going to look for office work. I am hoping to find something part-time, where I can move around and be with people.

Today I painted my toenails all shades of purple and pink.

They look really pretty.

Comments

  1. Good for you! You are on a total cleanse! Perfect timing to begin another year anew! You sound strong and resolute, I have no doubt you are heading for a wonderful new beginning and happy ever after! If they fired you that’s their loss,, it just opened a new door for you! I love the sound of those toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for you! Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and enjoy your cabin stay. New year, new beginnings, as you noted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first started to read this post, I thought how sad for you......but as I read on.......I was shouting HORRAY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things my Mother Didn't Tell Me : Vanishing Eyebrows

Yearning for Simplicity, or Escape?

Vikings Hand or Dupuytren's Contracture